Great titles, wonderful clients – There’s plenty to be done.
Launched in 2002 The Bath Magazine prints 20,000 copies each month and is delivered to ABC1 households in the affluent areas of residential Bath and many of the nearby villages. We also have a strong business and bulk distribution to ensure one of the highest readerships in the city. We lead the way as Bath’s biggest premium lifestyle magazine.
Similarly we also publish The Bristol Magazine which is Bristol’s biggest premium monthly title.
We believe that quality, engaging content and excellent production means we are the exception (rather than the rule) when it comes to popularity for print. Thankfully, our readers and advertisers seem to agree.
We now have a superb opportunity for a talented individual to join our team at our Bath based office and occasionally our Bristol office.
The ideal candidate will possess media sales or relevant marketing experience, preferably gained from a quality print or similar sales environment and is looking to take on a more advanced and rewarding role.
Well educated, articulate, you will be a personable, outgoing communicator, hard-working and enjoy a consultative approach to advertising sales, with a real emphasis on great customer service and helping clients get the best from their marketing spend.
Reporting to the Director, you will play a pivotal role in the sales function of The Bath Magazine, The Bristol Magazine and our city visitor title, Postcard Magazine.
Working within our small team. Your day to day duties are:
- Selling print and online advertising options to a broad range of existing and new clients.
- Handling advertising and client enquiries via email and following up by telephone, as well as arranging face to face meetings to establish a more personal approach.
- Maintaining regular contact, and looking after the best interests of current advertising clients as well as servicing previous clients and other accounts on database.
- Working with editorial teams on special features and exploring new ideas and revenue opportunities.
- Ensuring a smooth workflow process from the selling and booking of advertising, to helping the client with the artwork submission and the proofing process by liaising with the production team.
- Travel to client meetings is required.
- Working hours are 9am – 5.30pm. However this is not the job for someone with a 9to5 mindset. Some evening and early morning work may be necessary. Attending Business clubs, functions, parties etc.
- As MC Publishing Limited, we are an independent business and also publish The Bristol Magazine, a similarly strong and much loved title, which also offers a good proposition for many of our Bath based advertisers. More recently we have launched a premium visitor guide Postcard from Bath, which has proved a brilliant addition to our portfolio. Your skills will be needed there too.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant media sales (or similar) experience – must be proficient and confident using telephone – i.e. Speaking to people.
- Socially confident with an entrepreneurial flair.
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken and really good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, email.
- Knowledge of a customer contact database software such as Filemaker would be good, but not essential.
- Be a self starter with a determined focus on seeing through projects successfully, from concept to completion, and meeting deadlines and personal goals.
- Educated to good standard, and able to work within a small team, and communicate professionally at every level.
- Passionate and proud to be part of a great city magazine publishing team.
Basic: £20,000 – £25,000 (depending on experience)
Basic + Plus uncapped commission = £30K + OTE
- Good basic salary with excellent commission structure
- Ad-hoc bonus schemes
- 28 days holiday including extra time over Christmas.